Husband, Father, Pilot, Legislator and Team Player
My wife Chris and I have lived in Eagle River for 26 years, raising our kids and watching our community grow. It's been an honor to serve the last eight years as state representative for Chugiak-Eagle River & JBER, and it would be a privilege to continue to serve as your state Senator. May I have your vote in the Republican primary on August 21? My Values >
My Commitment to You
I believe public service is a sacred trust, and take very seriously my oath to protect and defend the Constitution in service to my constituents.
You have my commitment to work tirelessly to uphold the Constitution, act only in your best interests, serve ethically and honestly, communicate clearly about what I do and why, and reflect honorably on our beloved Chugiak-Eagle River.
It would be a privilege to continue to serve, and to have your vote on August 21.
Delivering Conservative Results
A good legislator must be productive, not just provocative. I'm proud to work effectively with others to deliver conservative results – achieving real budget cuts, advancing positive bills into law, blocking government overreach, brokering creative solutions, and always advancing the ball down the field. First downs lead to touchdowns! Some of my best "plays" include:
- Cutting $167 million in state spending as Finance Committee Vice Chair
- Making it easier for police to arrest car thieves and joyriders
- Letting home-schoolers participate in their local public high school activities
- Authorizing outdoorsmen to display hunting, fishing and trapping licenses on cell phones
- Creating tax-free savings accounts to help families support disabled members
- Adding a veteran status designation on drivers' licenses
- Requesting a detailed audit into wasteful spending & excessive overhead in rural law enforcement
- Reserving a permanent seat for veterans on the state workforce development board
- Chairing a statewide Autism Task Force, and enacting into law its recommendation to
license autism treatment professionals
- Successfully carrying a Senate Medicaid reform bill on the House floor to save hundreds
of millions of state dollars by promoting efficiencies, and reducing waste and abuse
Dan In The News
Alaska's been home for 30 years -- 26 of them in Eagle River, where my wife, Chris and I have raised our family and are now enjoying our grandchildren. After my journalism career, I entered public service because I believe our Founding Fathers had it right – free men must step up and govern themselves to protect their God-given rights.
I'm a conservative, pro-life, pro-gun, pro-business, pro-resource development, small government kind of guy. Honesty, integrity, discipline, selflessness, respect and hard work are the keys to success for an individual. I believe Alaska does best when these values guide our state's decisions and actions, too.
For fun, I fly airplanes, fish, play music and write songs, read history, and enjoy Chugiak and Eagle River football and Chinooks baseball. If you see me around town, just wave – I'll be glad to stop and chat!
They say you can judge a man by the company he keeps – and by his friends and supporters. I am proud that all of these folks are endorsing me as the best candidate to serve Chugiak-Eagle River & JBER in the State Senate.
- State Sen. Anna MacKinnon
- Former State Sen. Fred Dyson
- Former State Sen. Randy Phillips
- State Sen. Natasha von Imhof
- State Sen. Gary Stevens
- Crystal Kennedy
- Susie Gorski
- Susan Fischetti
- Ted Carlson
- Bill Starr
- Bobbi Wells
- Larry Wood
- Dawayne Anderson
- Merry Braham
- Chuck Homan II
- Dr. Ray Bailey M.D.
- Brad Gamble
- Michael Foster
- Kim Skipper
- Col. Suellyn Novak
- Linda Leary
- Alisha Hilde
- Curtis McQueen
- Jim Palmer
- Ellen Wood
- Brig. Gen. Mike Bridges
- Debbie Ossiander
- Tonya Gamble
- Rudy von Imhoff
- Jason Brune
- Jim and Pam Yeargan
- Dave Schade
- Gilbert Ramos
All endorsements made and confirmed since June 1, 2018
Paid for by Friends of Dan Saddler - POB 771811 - Eagle River, AK 99577