Father, Pilot, Legislator and Team Player
I have lived in Eagle River for 30 years, raised my kids and watched our community grow. It's been an honor to serve eight years as state representative for Chugiak-Eagle River, and it would be a privilege to again serve as your state Representative. May I have your vote in the general election on November 8th? My Values >
My Commitment to You
I believe public service is a sacred trust, and take very seriously the legislative oath to protect and defend the Constitution in service to the people.
You have my commitment to work tirelessly in office to uphold the Constitution, act only in your best interests, serve ethically and honestly, communicate clearly about what I do and why, and reflect honorably on our beloved Chugiak-Eagle River.
It would be a privilege to serve again, and to have your vote on November 8th.
Delivering Conservative Results
I'm always been proud to work effectively with others to deliver conservative results – achieving real budget cuts, advancing positive bills into law, blocking government overreach, brokering creative solutions, and always advancing the ball down the field. First downs lead to touchdowns! Some of my best "plays" include:
- Cutting $167 million in state spending as Finance Committee Vice Chair
- Making it easier for police to arrest car thieves and joyriders
- Letting home-schoolers participate in their local public high school activities
- Authorizing outdoorsmen to display hunting, fishing and trapping licenses on cell phones
- Creating tax-free savings accounts to help families support disabled members
- Adding a veteran status designation on drivers' licenses
- Requesting a detailed audit into wasteful spending & excessive overhead in rural law enforcement
- Reserving a permanent seat for veterans on the state workforce development board
- Chairing a statewide Autism Task Force, and enacting into law its recommendation to
license autism treatment professionals
- Successfully carrying a Senate Medicaid reform bill on the House floor to save hundreds
of millions of state dollars by promoting efficiencies, and reducing waste and abuse
Alaska's been home for 34 years -- 30 of them in Eagle River. After my journalism career, I entered public service because I believe our Founding Fathers had it right – free men must step up and govern themselves to protect their God-given rights.
I'm a conservative, pro-life, pro-gun, pro-business, pro-resource development, small government kind of guy. Honesty, integrity, discipline, selflessness, respect and hard work are the keys to success for an individual. I believe Alaska does best when these values guide our state's decisions and actions, too.
For fun, I fly airplanes, fish, play music and write songs, read history, and enjoy Chugiak and Eagle River high school football and Chinooks baseball. If you see me around town, just wave – I'll be glad to stop and chat!
Paid for by Friends of Dan Saddler - POB 771811 - Eagle River, AK 99577